Established in 1889, Panhard & Levassor was the first automobile manufacturing company.
Having acquired French rights to the Daimler engine, the engineers Panhard et Levassor built their first car in 1891.
The last Panhard was the 24CT coupe launched in 1964. When Citroen took over Panhard in 1967,
the factory was forced to stop making cars but the production of armored cars under the Panhard name still continues.